Student Learning Outcomes
Students will be able to:
- Discuss the biology of wild vertebrates with an emphasis on California taxa, and identify and compare appropriate methods of studying and/or monitoring their physiology, ecology, and populations.
- Discuss, evaluate, and apply scientific principles to the ecology and conservation of wild vertebrates.
- Apply a conceptual framework to solve problems in animal ecology and make informed management decisions.
- Discuss appropriate ecological, mathematical, and statistical concepts and methods to interpret, understand and communicate wildlife ecology and conservation data.
- Create, interpret, and analyze written text, oral messages, and multimedia presentations used in basic and applied vertebrate biology.