I am interested in the functions of coloration in animals and in conservation strategies in the tropics. On Pemba Island, Tanzania I investigate color polymorphism in coconut crabs, and try to understand ways in which forest fragments can be conserved effectively. In UK, I work on the functions of zebra stripes. In western Tanzania, I facilitate projects designed to educate children and stop lion killing.
- BSc Cambridge University, UK, 1973, Zoology
- Ph.D. University of St Andrews, Scotland, 1979 (Psychology)
- WFC 51 - Introduction to Conservation Biology. Offered Spring quarter every year.
- WFC 141 - Behavioral Ecology. Offered Winter quarter in even numbered years.
- WFC 160 - Animal Coloration. Offered Winter quarter in odd numbered years, beginning Winter 2017.
- Graduate Group in Population Biology
- Graduate Group in Animal Behavior
- Graduate Group in Ecology