Ph.D., Professor Emeritus
Office: Academic Surge 1286
Lab: Academic Surge 1324, Biogeography Laboratory
Biogeography, Physical Geography, Habitat Restoration and Conservation, Quaternary Environmental Change, Coastal Ecosystems, Arctic and alpine ecology, vegetation ecology.
Employment and Experience:
- Ph.D., 1979, Geography (Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research), University of Colorado, Boulder
- B.A. (honors), 1975, Geography Major, Double Biology Minor, California State University, Fullerton.
- 1981-present: Assistant to Associate to (Full) Professor; July 2007 change over to Senior Lecturer SOE, UC Davis
- [Chair, Dept. of Wildlife, Fish and Conservation Biology, 1997-2002; Chair, Graduate Group in Geography, 2000-2005]
- 1991-1996: Director, University of California Natural Reserve System, UC Office of the President
- 1985-88, Research Scientist, UC White Mountain Research Station
- 1979-1981: Assistant Professor, University of Wyoming
- Ecology, Geography, Community Development Current Courses: WFC 10, WFC 155, WFC 156, WFC 157, GEO 200B, GEO 200D, GEO 210.