I am trying to understand the evolution of coloration in several groups of mammals using the comparative method. In UK, I conduct experimental research on the functions of zebra stripes. I am also investigating color polymorphism in coconut crabs in the western Indian Ocean.
Additionally, I am interested in protection strategies in Africa. There I try to understand how forest fragments can be conserved effectively, while I help with development projects in western Tanzania in conservation education and stopping lion killing.
- BSc Cambridge University, UK, 1973, Zoology
- Ph.D. University of St Andrews, Scotland, 1979 (Psychology)
- Graduate Group in Population Biology
- Graduate Group in Animal Behavior
- Graduate Group in Ecology